Terms of Service
The following are terms of service for Difetra (also called "the artist,"
"I," "me," and "myself,"), relevant to all non-commercial
projects. These terms will outline expected behavior when working with me. These terms are
subject to revisions, editing, and additions without notice.
When agreeing to receive artwork from me, clients (also called "you," and
"your") enter a contract with me, and agree to all terms on this page, which will
not be superseded by any other terms unless explicitly agreed upon by myself and the client.
In contacting and agreeing to receive artwork from me, the client also affirms that
they are at least 18 years old.
I'm pretty open to most things, I've seen my share of oddities. If you're not
sure I'll draw it just ask, I don't judge.
I Won't draw
- Scat (implied may be okay)
- underage characters (nsfw)
- slob/filth/generally described as "gross"
- Hyper (on a case by case basis, generally nothing too extreme)
- Commission forms will be opened periodically for a number of slots and will remain
open for a period of time. Once closed I will select submissions to fill the available
slots based on a variety of criteria. This may be at random, based on personal interest,
or someone who I recognized from previous openings that did not make the cut.
- I will contact directly those who were accepted and submissions which were declined. A
general notice will go out when slots have been filled
- Submissions may be declined for content I don't draw or a project out of the scope
of what I'm currently willing to do. I will provide a reason and changes may be
discussed for future resubmission.
- Payment will be made through Paypal.
- Prices are shown in USD. Paypal will convert currency if necessary.
- Listed commission prices are a baseline and can vary with complexity. A quote will be given
after details have been discussed.
- Payment is upfront and will be taken when I'm ready to begin work. Other payment options can
be considered depending on the project.
- Cancellation by the client after payment will result in a partial refund proportional to the
work reamining. If for personal reasons I have to cancel the commission at any point a full
refund will be issued.
Once details and payment have been discussed I will begin work. At this time a
commission should take no longer than 1 month. Time will depend on the size of the
project and work load, but typically should be well under that time frame. I will
make notice of any delays beyond the expected time frame.
Work in progress pictures will be provided at important stages for approval. This
includes thumbnails, sketches, and color choices. Any change can be made in the
earlier stages, but major changes beyond the sketch phase may incur a fee unless I
made an error. Minor changes aren't a problem at any stage, in any case just
ask. Additional WIP pictures can be requested at anytime.
- An exception is art meant to be done quickly where stages of approval
wouldn't be practical, but minor changes may be possible after completion
depending on the medium. I will make it clear when this is the case.
Upon completion and approval I will provide the artwork in it's full
resolution. This is typically around the 4k range. By default I usually provide high
quality jpgs, but any image format can be requested.
- By default commissions are for personal use only, this means the client may not
use the commissioned painting for commercial purposes. The client may not profit from
the finished piece in any form. Non-commercial uses such as uploading it to an online
gallery or printing for personal use are permitted.
- I will not hold any rights to the characters portrayed unless they are a creation of
originally. The rights of the characters will stay with the respective owner.
- All rights for the finished piece remain with the artist.This includes the right to
use the image for purposes such as the selling of Prints, or offering them on platforms
such as Patreon. As a courtesy permission will be acquired from original character
owners before selling merchandise if applicable.
- Usage rights can be negotiated for commercial use. The new terms will vary depending
on the agreement between artist and client.